Embedded Systems Engineer
EMBEDDED SYSTEMS ENGINEER
Are you naturally drawn to cutting edge technology and eager to untangle the complex knots of systems engineering? Do you find yourself diving into new challenges with an insatiable curiosity and desire to learn? As an open-minded professional who can both lead and follow, do you communicate effectively and fuel your work with passion? If you answered yes, then we want to talk to you!
Our ideal Embedded Systems Engineer is:
- Collaborative. You enjoy working in a team environment, always ready to lend a hand. Your strength lies in communication, effortlessly bridging the gap between technical and non-technical partners. In our laid-back yet proactive environment, you have the ability to work independently, while also contributing as part of a group.
- Dedicated. Dependable and punctual, you take full ownership of your responsibilities. You're known for your unwavering commitment and meticulous attention to detail. A creative self-starter who takes pride in their work, you do whatever it takes to get the job done right.
- Innovative. You naturally think outside the box. As a problem-solver at heart, your passion for technical challenges is obvious. You're always eager to learn and innovate, a quality that makes you excited to come to work every day.
- Future-Ready. With a growth mindset, you're always evolving, professionally and personally. Adaptable and flexible, you juggle multiple projects with ease. You solve unique problems and stay up to date on what’s going on around you.
Our ideal Embedded Systems Engineer is resilient and reliable. Your technical expertise is crucial in crafting practical, client-focused solutions that define the identity of InfoSight. You’re not just completing tasks; you're shaping our future success with each project.
- Read and understand circuit schematics and component data sheets
- Write and maintain device drivers, including interrupt service routines, concurrency control techniques, and memory management.
- Develop and maintain source code for new and existing projects
- Create test firmware routines for validation
- Troubleshoot and resolve firmware and circuit issues
- Validate design, code, and operational performance
- Write clear design specifications, testing, and validation documents
- Prepare user documentation for developed firmware
- Utilize test equipment including firmware debuggers, logic analyzers, and oscilloscopes
*This is a full-time, in-person position located in Chillicothe, OH.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering Technology, or Computer Engineering
- Advanced knowledge of C and C++ language
- Experience with creating responsive, real-time firmware for industrial machines
- Experience with object-oriented design using C++
- 5 yrs professional experience
- Advanced knowledge of data communication protocols, including RS232, SPI, I2C, TCP/IP, Ethernet, or combination of these technologies.
- Experience with ARM Cortex-Microcontrollers, including bare-metal, low-level register initialization and control
- Experience with PWM, analog-to-digital, digital-to-analog, stepper motors, and servo motors.
- Using windows-based software development tools, like IDEs, debuggers, version control
- Understanding of development for a resource constrained target environment
- Real time operating system experience
THE COMPANY – InfoSight
At InfoSight, we are more than just a manufacturer; we are innovators at heart. Our journey began in 1993, carving out a unique space in heavy manufacturing. Today, we stand on a sprawling 25-acre campus in beautiful Chillicothe, Ohio, where over 70 dedicated employees push the boundaries of technology. Our specialty lies in creating innovative identification solutions for harsh environments, improving safety outcomes, enabling traceability, and adding value for our customers. Our mission: excellence in everything, ensuring customer satisfaction, integrity, and deep respect for our most valued asset — our people.
WHY WORK WITH INFOSIGHT
Choosing to work with InfoSight means embracing an environment where your purpose is recognized, and your contributions are crucial. Dive into projects that give you the opportunity to own them from start to finish, witnessing your work evolve through every stage to solve real-world problems. Our culture thrives on collaboration and innovation, enabling you to create tangible value for our clients and reap the fruits of your labor swiftly.
Here are more reasons to work with us:
- We build and create fun things!
- There is a lot of tenure and knowledge here to learn from
- Work with smart people on a cross-functional team and gain each other's experiences
- Join a team that heavily invests in Research & Development, reflecting our commitment to innovation, as prominently featured on our website
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
WE BELIEVE that customer satisfaction will provide the highest possible benefits to our stakeholders ... our customers, employees, suppliers, representatives, owners and the community.
WE BELIEVE that integrity is the vehicle of success. We keep our word and our commitment, promising only what we expect to deliver.
WE BELIEVE our most important asset goes home every night - our people. We pledge to inspire them through ethical and safe business practices that generate mutual respect.
WE BELIEVE we must provide products and services of highest quality which will generate acceptable margins and earn the confidence, respect and loyalty of our customers.
WE BELIEVE our creed is summarized as the pursuit of excellence in everything we do -- PERFORMANCE NOT PROMISES.
At InfoSight, innovation is not just a goal; it's our way of life. Join our team today!
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, STD, LTD, HRA / HSA, 401k matching program
Salary: $100k - $120k