COO / Orchestrator
TRACE3 | OTOV (One Team, One Voice)
COO / ORCHESTRATOR
Are you a calm, level-headed leader who always sees the good in others? Do you rally teams around positive change while maintaining an open-minded, glass half full attitude? Can you develop other leaders, giving feedback in a way that is safe and neutral? As a forward-thinking professional, do you have a growth mindset with a high level of responsibility and follow through? If you value organizational structure, see yourself as equal to everyone else, and can get to certainty quickly through evaluating facts, then we want to talk with you!
Our ideal COO / Orchestrator embodies:
- Integrity and Vision. While you can see the 40,000-ft view, you understand the levers of revenue and expense and can pull the strings down to the 10-ft view. You make good on your expectations, doing what you say and saying what you mean. You are positive, quick to respond, and are always thinking, “What can I do to make things better?"
- Collaboration and Accountability. Respectful, humble, and kind, you acknowledge your mistakes, take responsibility, and turn things around to create results. You are highly committed to and care about your clients, genuinely wanting them to have an amazing experience. To you, it’s about providing creative solutions that are of value, not just selling.
- Strong Leadership. You are enthusiastic, treat others well and always assume positive intent. As a coach who takes a leader-centered approach, you clear the path for others and can delegate and elevate. Leading by example, you are resilient, always prepared, and strive for excellence.
- Organizational Growth. Having grown businesses repeatedly, you are a strategic thinker who stays up to date with technology and thrives in a fast-paced environment. You are emotionally evolved and diplomatic, making decisions based on data. With a high level of professional maturity, you are tactfully assertive, have a balanced sense of urgency and refuse to take no for an answer before exhausting all the possibilities.
In this role, the COO / Orchestrator will take charge of business strategy from conception to realization, ensuring alignment with overarching company objectives. You will make sure all components of the company operate without friction, realizing the vision of streamlined business processes. By assembling and directing the leadership team, you will equip them with the tools, resources, and guidance to manifest their best performance. With an emphasis on profitability and health, you will directly influence and foster a nurturing environment for the company to grow and thrive!
The job responsibilities of our COO / Orchestrator include, but are not limited to:
- Team Facilitation: Harness the strengths of the leadership team, ensuring their alignment with the company's mission and goals. Cultivate an environment where each member is motivated and empowered.
- Operational Oversight: Regularly evaluate and optimize business operations. Identify potential bottlenecks or inefficiencies and address them proactively.
- Strategic Planning & Execution: Collaborate with the Visionary and leadership team in setting business strategies. Ensure the entire organization is aligned and equipped to execute these plans.
- Financial Health: Monitor the company's financial performance. Collaborate with the finance department to ensure profitability and financial stability.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Serve as a bridge between the leadership team, stakeholders, and other departments, ensuring smooth communication and alignment.
- Continuous Improvement: Foster a culture of continuous improvement and innovation. Encourage and act on feedback from the leadership team and broader organization.
*This is a full-time, in-person position operating out of the Pasadena, CA location.
- 5+ years of experience running a $200M+ revenue business (100+ employees)
- Demonstrated experience in a similar COO / Orchestrator or high-level managerial role
- Experience with P&L responsibilities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- 4-year degree
- Experience working in a technical organization
- EOS or Pinnacle experience
- Healthcare industry experience
THE COMPANY – Trace3
Trace3 is an elite technology consultancy that provides IT strategy, solutions, and services to the world’s most admired companies, and empowers organizations to embrace the ever-changing IT landscape. We strive to be the world’s most trusted technology partner, one team of experts dedicated to delivering and validating synergistic solutions that routinely exceed the expectations of our clients. This means that we set the standard for what it means to be One Team: our employees, our partners, and our clients—we are all partners in delivering and validating success. We are trusted to listen and provide the best and most comprehensive solutions, from conception to implementation.
WHY WORK WITH US
At Trace3, employees enjoy being part of an organization that doesn’t believe in a traditional sales model or approach. We continue to reinvent the sales experience for our partners, offering technical products alongside consulting services to create solutions. Our strong foundational values of doing business the right way allows us to build relationships and deliver value in a trustworthy way, ensuring our clients actually get to win. We live and breathe our values and genuinely want to do the right thing.
- This is a fast-moving train and the perfect place for someone who likes to grow things
- Highly intelligent team and working environment
- We have fun together
- Opportunity to be of value to our clients
- High retention rate due to exceptional leadership
- Ownership actively invests in people
- Running on Pinnacle
OUR CORE VALUES
Integrity: Our word is our bond; our trust is our foundation. We are honest, transparent, and accountable for our actions. We are a reliable and trustworthy team of professionals.
Humility and Respect: We treat each other with dignity and worth, assuming positive intent in each other. We are humble yet confident, self-aware, open-minded, and empathetic. We seek feedback learning and growing from our mistakes. We value our diversity within our shared purpose.
Commitment: We prioritize client needs and interests over our own. We actively listen to feedback using it to improve our service delivery. Our people are our Most Valuable Asset. We challenge and support each other.
Excellence: We look to achieve the best possible results in everything we do, being fully committed to continuous learning, development and process improvement. We foster a culture of personal and professional accountability, providing necessary resources and support for all of us to achieve our potential.
Salary: $200k - $250k base + bonus (up to an additional $100k)
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k Matching, FSA, EAP, STD, LTD, AD&D, PTO & Holidays