Director of Operations
DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
Are you a driven and passionate leader who holds others accountable? Do you value organizational success more than individual success? Are you proactive? If you are a high achiever with strong leadership ability, then we want to talk to you!
Our ideal Director of Operations is:
- Client Focused – Serving the client is the cornerstone of what you do. You aren’t afraid to pick up the phone and talk to clients when the situation calls for it. You ask the right questions and find the right solutions. You work tirelessly to ensure that every client has their needs met and knows that they are valued.
- Hands On – You’re fast on your feet, have a doer’s mindset, and care about results. Willing to get in the weeds, you excel and enjoy working in the business as much as on the business.
- Determined - You are a high achiever with a strong internal motivation.
- A Fact Finder - Naturally curious, you enjoy diving into the numbers. With quick recall and an understanding of data, you easily recognize patterns, look for solutions, and pivot quickly when the need arises.
- A Leader – As a servant leader who is thoughtful and considerate, you’re not an individual achiever. You are a teacher with the capacity for relationship building and set a high bar for yourself and your team. You make people a priority.
Reporting to the Integrator, our Director of Operations will lead and organize several growing departments. They will need to be an assertive and thoughtful leader who is open to being challenged and seeks effective solutions. This person needs to have a strong drive and sound reasoning skills.
The job responsibilities of our Director of Operations include, but are not limited to:
- Actively participates in forming and executing the company’s vision
- Identifies and removes organizational roadblocks
- Ensures collaboration within and across departments
- Serves as a tie breaker between managers
- Develops policies and procedures
- Will have oversight of the following departments: Service Delivery, Project Delivery, Managed Services, Service Coordination
- Implements and manages organizational key metrics and scorecards
- Coaches through “one on ones” with direct reports
- Owns client experience for all departments (Service Delivery, Project Delivery, Managed Services, Service Coordination)
- Owns day to day service and project delivery
- Finds and solves issues proactively
- Resolves client escalations
- Solicits and listens to client feedback and implements effective changes
- Has experience conceptualizing, strategizing, and implementing key organizational processes
- Has managed teams of 80 plus team members
- Has proven success in running multiple departments
- Has proven success growing and developing departments
- 7+ years B2B experience
- 5+ years IT services management, including but not limited to: Managed services, Technical support, Professional services
- Has proven, successful growth of service organizations
- Has Managed Service Provider experience
- Has worked at companies 70 to 200+ team members in size
This position will be based out of our Durham, N.C. home office, with a potential for a hybrid work schedule.
THE COMPANY – WorkSmart
Founded in 2001 in Durham, North Carolina, WorkSmart also has offices in Charlotte and Atlanta. We partner with local businesses and organizations to fuel their growth through advising organizations, supporting users, managing, and securing their technology. We focus on the right technologies for today and the right strategies for tomorrow.
Our WorkSmart Business Highlights:
- Triangle Business Journal’s Fast 50 in 2021, 2020, 2019, and 2016
- Charlotte Business Journal’s Best Places to Work in 2021 and 2020
- 12 consecutive years on the Inc. 5000, which ranks the fastest-growing, privately held companies in America
At WorkSmart, our purpose is to build an enduring organization that helps our people and clients reach their full potential. Our team members and our clients share our core values so they can build strong, lasting relationships with each other.
Our Core Values are:
- Do the right thing
- Personal connections
- Be curious
Salary Range: $125-$150k
Benefits: Group medical, dental, vision care, 401k (two-month eligibility), HSA and FSA, Wellbeing reimbursement, Charity donation match and generous PTO
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to make a difference in a dynamic, growing organization, apply today!