Project Manager, Civil Engineering Design
PROJECT MANAGER, CIVIL ENGINEERING DESIGN
Salary: Starting at $110,000 + profit-sharing bonus, with potential to increase based on experience and qualifications. *This role is hourly, and the mentioned figure represents the annual salary for 40 hours/week.
Work Environment: This is a fully remote position. Occasional travel may be required for training purposes. We will assist in obtaining your Wisconsin PE license within one year of hire.
Benefits: Comprehensive package including medical, dental, and vision insurance, L/S disability, company matching retirement, and PTO.
Do you possess the power of creating precise calculations, intricate designs, and upholding the highest standards? Are you an accomplished engineer that recognizes the profound impact of well-executed projects for clients, with an understanding of the bottom line? Let us introduce you to R.H. Batterman, a civil engineering firm with a century-old legacy of family, community, and lessons learned. If you want to design at a firm like R.H. Batterman, we want to hear from you!
Our ideal Project Manager is:
- Reliable. You have established yourself as a true professional with a solid reputation. Your meticulous attention to detail, proactive project management skills, and ethical leadership consistently set you apart.
- Curious. Committed, no ego, and willing to ask questions. That’s what you have built your career on! Whether it’s embracing ever-evolving technology or drawing out the questions, comments, concerns of your clients and team, you are always on the hunt for more information.
- A Team Player. You prioritize team goals over personal accolades. Fostering collaboration and camaraderie, you are always ready to lend a hand or share what you’ve learned. You understand success is a collective effort, not an individual sport!
- A Relationship Builder. You know the value of cultivating meaningful connections and relationships, setting clear expectations, and consistently exceeding them. Others gravitate towards your optimistic outlook and approachable demeanor.
As a tenured professional, you lead projects with a high attention to detail, while offering a helping hand to the less experienced engineers on design projects. You talk things through, remain calm, and are action-oriented no matter how busy things get! With a proactive, patient, and down-to-earth nature, you are the embodiment of commitment and resilience, with the power to shape our community's infrastructure and make lasting, impactful changes.
- Manage multiple design projects, ensuring timely completion within scope, schedule, and budget
- Foster and maintain relationships with the team and clients
- Communicate clearly and effectively with clients, the team, and cross-departmentally
- Build trust with management by completing tasks in a timely and budget-conscious manner
- Delegate tasks effectively to the team
- Support the engineering design team, ensuring availability of internal expertise and mentorship
- Handle conflict resolution within project work
- Responsible for completion of reports and technical documents
- Participate in intake and development of RFPs and RFQs
- Lead design team members in project review and perform project-related quality control
- Willingness to learn key elements of civil engineering design relevant to our projects
- Directly responsible for safe, efficient, and cost-effective designs for our clients
- 2+ years design project management
- Design project engineering experience
- Demonstrated proficiency with CAD/BIM software(s)
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering
- 3+ years of progressive experience in roadway design
- Practical experience with Wisconsin DOT projects and municipal roadway design
- Experience with project contracts, specifications, and PS&E (Plan, Specifications, and Estimates)
- Ability to read, review, and perform QA/QC (Quality Assurance/Quality Control) on designs
- Previous experience scoping projects
- Ability to apply practical field experience to inform design decision-making
- Demonstrated proficiency with Civil 3D software
THE COMPANY – R.H. Batterman
With over 106 years of history, R.H. Batterman is a Wisconsin-based company that stands as a respected leader in the Civil Engineering and Survey Professions. We have successfully completed over 34,700 design, roadway, and construction projects, preserving the original papers from each one as a cherished part of our legacy. On the brink of becoming the preferred partner for public and private sector clients across Wisconsin and Northern Illinois, we continue to prioritize employee retention and commitment, cultivating an environment that supports personal and professional growth. We are committed to community outreach, demonstrating our dedication to excellence, and giving back to the communities we serve.
WHY WORK WITH R.H. BATTERMAN
At R.H. Batterman, camaraderie thrives, and hard work is always paired with a good dose of fun. We believe in the power of collective strength during challenging times. During the 2008 recession, we stood by our principles and ensured no employee was left behind, solidifying our commitment to our team.
Here are even more reasons to work with R.H. Batterman:
- Team-oriented atmosphere
- Highly collaborative environment
- It's not a competition, but a collective effort to bring projects to the goal line
- A flexible work environment where work-life balance is real
- Family-oriented and respectful culture
- Continual learning: We support and fund further education
- Project diversity: we offer a wide array of projects across types, sizes, and clients with diverse portfolio
- 4th generation company upholding a tradition of commitment to our employees and community
- Over 100 years of resilience and expertise in our industry!
OUR CORE VALUES
- CLIENT FIRST. Clear communication, swift responses, and simplified solutions for complex problems are key to our success.
- PEOPLE MATTER. We are growth focused, fun and family-friendly. We lead through mentorship, a supportive culture, and cutting-edge technology.
- BETTER TOGETHER. True collaboration emerges when we remain approachable. We encourage clients and colleagues to be curious and never afraid to ask questions.
- FUTURE FOCUSED. We are invested - in our company, colleagues, clients, and community. Our "built-to-last" legacy inspires us to give back, help others, and improve ourselves through continuous learning.
- INTEGRITY CENTERED.A tradition of transparency, trust, and accountability is embedded in our 100-year history. We do what’s right even when it’s hard.
At Batterman, we're not just building roads, we’re building lasting relationships. Begin your journey towards meaningful connections with us - apply now!