General Manager / Integrator
THE BLACK SWAN GROUP
GENERAL MANAGER / INTEGRATOR
Are you a well-rounded strategic thinker who is reliable, ethical, and flexible? Do you own your mistakes and learn from them, hold yourself and others accountable, and take initiative? The Black Swan Group values a Midwestern work ethic, employs New York ambition, and has West Coast fun! If you are a candid, easy-going leader who likes to work hard and play hard, apply now and join our dedicated team!
Our ideal General Manager / Integrator is:
- An excellent communicator. You’re approachable, empathetic, and easy to talk to. You can connect with different types of people and are skilled at building and maintaining relationships.
- Dependable. You’re available, adaptable, and forward thinking. You never say, “It’s not my job,” but instead are in the weeds of the business, willingly performing the same tasks you ask others to do. You have excellent follow-through.
- Action-oriented. You’re a researcher and fact finder, but aren’t afraid to take action with what you learn. You’re a doer who focuses on collaboration and who is internally driven to put wheels in motion.
- A strong manager. You know how to nurture, encourage, and grow a team. You have an open-door policy and don’t like to micromanage people. Always putting the team first, you listen, support, and genuinely want people to grow and succeed. You’re armed with thick skin, impeccable organizational skills, and a calm and tactful demeanor.
- Tech Savvy. You are comfortable with G-suite, and have a strong business acumen, an analytical mindset, financial capabilities, and a splash of creativity.
Our ideal candidate enjoys working and considers their career to be a big part of their life. They are passionate about our business and invested in bringing value to the workplace. Lacking entitlement and an inflated ego, our General Manager / Integrator is down to earth, honest, and gracious. Do you have a sense of humor, like to have fun, and enjoy trying new things? If you are curious, resilient, and a good listener, apply today!
The job responsibilities of the General Manager / Integrator include, but are not limited to:
- Runs the day-to-day operations of the business
- Creates scorecards to track progress and outcomes
- Develops and integrates systems
- Identifies and capitalizes on areas for improvement
- Uncovers new business opportunities and creates strategic partnerships
- Oversees the P&L, budgets, cash flow, and other financial statements to determine if / when adjustments are needed
- Cost analysis on past events and identification of trends
- Manages vendors and maintains relationships
- Manages all department heads (excluding coaches and instructors)
- Analyzes company position within the market
- Expands services into real estate coaching
- 5+ years’ business management experience
- Demonstrated experience driving strategy
- Strong understanding of financial concepts (including P&Ls, high level budgeting, ROI, cash flow etc.)
- Experience leading and developing teams
- Internal and external customer experience
- Use of project management tools
- Some college coursework / higher education
- G-suite / Microsoft experience
- Familiar with EOS and its concepts
- Negotiation and contract experience
- Experience expanding service offerings
- Experience creating and executing successful systems
**This is a fully remote role with occasional (5 - 10%) travel required for live events and corporate trainings.**
THE COMPANY – THE BLACK SWAN GROUP
The Black Swan Group has over 10 years of experience working with companies and individuals to take their negotiation skills to the next level. We do this through individual training, company workshops, and interactive live events.
WHY THE BLACK SWAN GROUP?
The Black Swan Group is a collaborative company offering a unique, ground-breaking service in our field. No one else is doing what we do! We value teamwork, camaraderie, and a positive culture. The people we work with day-in and day-out make the job what it is. We have a strong work ethic, have a great time together, and genuinely care about each other. There are no “my way or the highway” mentalities, and we live out a “Don’t let the bully win” philosophy. Best of all, we help people have better lives and quickly see the impact we make together.
This fully remote position allows for freedom, autonomy, and a comprehensive employee benefits program that includes 100% paid medical/dental and reimbursements. Plus, you’ll get a really cool nickname and be subjected to bad dad jokes!
- Team First: Pitch in to help others
- Figure It Out Attitude: Willing to Get Dirty (Do whatever the job calls for)
- Always Learning: Repeated failure to learn is a problem. New mistakes are a learning opportunity (3rd time is the charm)
- Take Action: Inaction is a much greater sin than a new mistake
- Sense of Humor: Laugh with people
- Do the Right Thing: Candor (Omission is as bad as commission)
- Optimistic: It’s an abundant World
Salary: $100k - $125k plus bonus potential
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO