Chief Information Officer (CIO)
CHIEF INFORMATION OFFICER (CIO)
Are you an experienced IT professional who can translate the information technology world into functional business applications? Are you a respectful, thoughtful, focused leader? Can you drive digital transformation while being open, transparent, and collaborative? If you are ready to work for a company that values integrity, commitment, and dedication to their clients, we want to talk with you!
Our ideal CIO is:
- Entrepreneurial – You are a proactive, forward thinker with an entrepreneurial mindset. You can stay calm, cool under pressure, and have an innate ability to understand, anticipate, and manage risk.
- Business savvy - With a revenue generation mindset, you can transform IT from a cost center to a revenue center. You are a good steward of resources and excel at prioritizing the right thing to work on for maximum efficiency.
- Innovative – You are comfortable challenging the status quo, and you champion innovation that makes sense for the organization. You have a high technical aptitude, understand the IT world, and can bridge the gap between the leadership team and IT.
- Considerate - You’re relational and get along well with people. Respectful and trustworthy, you have compassion for others, making you a leader focused on building enduring relationships.
The CIO will develop strong relationships and deliver proven results. We are seeking a leader to bring a team-focused approach, while building the next chapter of our IT team’s evolution and growth.
The job responsibilities of the CIO include, but are not limited to:
IT Team Development
- Ensures technology is current and supports future business growth
- Responsible for all aspects of organizational IT transformation
- Owns high-level project management and strategies
- Oversees infrastructure, cyber security, and IT development
- Owns cyber security and related risk management
- Bridges customer needs with the product team, IT, and the leadership team
- Build IT and data strategies that focus on “best in class” development practices
- Responsible for process and standards (i.e., recognizing and creating best practices)
- Approaches all responsibilities with a strategic mindset
IT Team Leadership, Management, and Accountability
- Manages people and IT processes
- Responsible for strategic planning of IT systems and processes that support Benchmark’s business objectives
- Responsible for ensuring cross-departmental communication and collaboration
- Presents relevant IT work, projects, and data analysis to the leadership team
- Recognizes business needs from IT perspective (short-term and long-term)
- Ensures departmental Right Person, Right Seat
- Acts as hands-on manager who handles day to day IT responsibilities as needed
- Develops and oversees the IT budget
- Responsible and accountable for vendor and partner management about IT
- Acts as a bridge between IT department and Benchmark’s internal and external customers
- 5+ years’ experience developing IT strategy
- Project management experience
- Experience selecting and implementing new SaaS programs/services
- Experience creating and driving a digital transformation culture (aligning business to IT, recognizing technology and how it drives the business forward)
- Candidate must live in or relocate to the Cedar Rapids, Iowa area
- 5+ years of IT team leadership experience
- Demonstrated successful career progression with increased levels of responsibility, leadership, and technology
- Professional services experience
- Experience working in a professional consulting services environment in a related field or industry (engineering, construction, architecture, etc.).
- IT experience in a small to medium sized organization
- Experience working with Leadership Teams
- Experience with EOS (Entrepreneurial Operating System)
THE COMPANY – BENCHMARK
Benchmark is a national leader in the commercial roof and pavement consulting industry. We offer an unmatched professional culture with a family feel and where community matters. We provide opportunities for professional and personal growth for all employees.
Our Core Values
We think and act according to our core values – they are at the very heart of everything we do:
- Be a strong team based on relationships and trust
- Be really committed to being technically excellent
- Be a benchmark
- Opportunity for professional growth and development
- Our best-in-class consulting services are respected and trusted
- We’re loyal and people are committed to our team
- 30 plus years of stability and growth
- A chance to lead and develop a team
- Ground level involvement in building the bridge between IT and our internal and external customers
- Ability to create an innovative and forward-thinking IT department
- Be the change agent and chart the course for our future IT transformation
- A partnership mentality and approach to sharing knowledge and building lasting relationships
- Everyone pulls in the same direction
Benchmark team members enjoy a full suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, disability (short and long-term), supplemental insurances (accident and critical illness), employee assistance program, 401(k) with employer matching contributions, and paid vacation, holidays, and volunteer days.
If you are looking for an opportunity to make a difference with a stable, strong, growing organization, apply today!